Terms and Conditions
To maintain our high standards and freshness of product, some fresh products will be limited and at times unavailable. In the event of a particular Product being unavailable it will be omitted from your order. We will make reasonable efforts to contact you if there is a suitable alternative.
Content and photography
The information provided for each product or collection of products is accurate at the time we published the information. Where the product is a collection of many products, such as our hamper ranges, a full list is supplied. We sometimes use props in our photography, in these cases the product description or list clearly defines what is being advertised for purchase.
Basis of sale
When you click on 'Confirm Order' you offer to buy the Goods at the prices indicated including any delivery charges that apply to your purchase. All orders will be subject to these conditions. If your order is accepted, a confirmation will be sent to the email or postal address you provided when placing your order. As the confirmation is sent to you automatically, an error may have been made of which we are not aware despite our best efforts. Because of this, we retain the right to cancel the order as set out under the 'Cancellation and return' heading.
Acceptance of order
Your order becomes binding as soon as we have accepted it, subject to your rights of cancellation. Your order will be accepted as soon as we have confirmed your order. Our acceptance of your order is conditional on the availability of the Products you have ordered. If any of the Products you have ordered are unavailable, or should events occur beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right to cancel your order without liability. In such circumstances we shall let you know as soon as possible. Pursuant to the Licensing Act 1964 it is an offence for any person under the age of 18 to buy intoxicating liquor, or for any person over the age of 18 to buy intoxicating liquor on behalf of any person under the age of 18, subject to a maximum fine on conviction of £1000.
Cancellation and return
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may exchange or refund your goods within 14 days of receipt. The goods must be returned to us in the same condition as supplied to you. Where your order is returned to us within 7 working days of your delivery, or you notify us in writing or by email of your wish to cancel your order within this period, your original postage and packing charge will also be reimbursed in full. It is not possible to return fresh food and drink because they are likely to deteriorate in the return process. This does not affect your statutory rights. Claims for breakages must be made to the Ludlow Food Centre on 01584 856000 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Claims must be within 28 days of receipt.
Ludlow Food Centre Programme
1. Ludlow Food Centre Limited is a company incorporated under the Companies Acts with registered number 04441267 and whose registered address is at Bromfield, Ludlow, Shropshire , SY8 2JR. References to “we”, “Ludlow Food Centre” or “us” shall mean Ludlow Food Centre Limited, and references to “you” shall mean you, the member of the Programme.
2. We have referred to these terms and conditions as the “Terms” throughout this document which can also be viewed on our website: www.ludlowfoodcentre.co.uk
3. These Terms govern: your membership of the Ludlow Food Centre Loyalty Programme (“Programme”) and how Ludlow Food Centre Loyalty Points (“Points”) are collected and used and promotional material issued. By signing and returning the information sheet, the back of your Loyalty Card and/or using the card itself (whichever is earlier), you are agreeing to be bound by and compliant with all Terms stated in this document.
4. The Programme is open to any person aged 18 or over. We reserve the right to refuse or withdraw membership where we reasonably believe, at our sole discretion, that the Loyalty Card has been misused and/or used in a manner that is not in association with the Terms.
5. One Loyalty Card will be issued per customer usable only by the named person on that card, validated by signing and returning the information sheet, the back of your Loyalty Card and/or using the card itself (whichever is earlier). We reserve the right to take any action that is inclusive of, but not limited to, withdrawing the card and cancelling its points should we reasonably believe you are misusing the card in any way.
6. You must present your Loyalty Card at the time of a purchase in order to qualify for Points under the Programme. Points will only be awarded to the holder of the card at the point of sale or up to one week after purchase where both the receipt and corresponding loyalty card are presented. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend any awarded points at any given time, should we reasonably believe that the Programme is being misused in any way.
7. Under the Programme, Points will be awarded through the purchase of qualifying products at the Ludlow Food Centre or other designated outlets as we determine. Qualifying purchases are those that are not excluded in these terms.
8. All products sold in the Ludlow Food Centre or other designated outlets as we determine qualify for the programme. We reserve the right to exclude any product(s) from the Programme at any time of our choosing and will notify you of this before your purchase. Purchases made at the Ludlow Kitchen are subject to regular change and we reserve the right to amend products included in the Programme at any time of our choosing, without prior notice.
9. 1 Point is awarded for every £1 that you spend on qualifying purchases when presenting your Loyalty Card. We reserve the right to either increase or decrease the number of Points accrued on qualifying purchases, or to change how Points are accrued, from time to time and at our sole discretion. We will notify you of any changes we make by updating these Terms on our Website.
Each point is awarded a value of £0.01p to be used solely within Ludlow Food Centre or other designated outlets. This value cannot be redeemed, traded or otherwise used other than for its stated purpose. For the benefit of clarity, 5 Points shall be awarded for a purchase of £5.50, where 6 Points shall be awarded for a purchase of £6.01.
10. If, for any reason we award you with a refund that has attracted Points, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove or otherwise act upon these points within a manner of our choosing.
11. You will not accrue points on purchases that are paid for by redeeming Points, any promotional offer or voucher that Ludlow Food Centre has issued to you. If you pay in part with any promotional material, you will only accrue points on the remaining balance above this promotional value. We define non-promotional material as payment methods including, but not limited to, physical cash, card payments, bank transfers or cheques.
12. You can check your points at any time by visiting the Ludlow Food Centre or one of our other designated outlets.
13. We reserve the right to refuse to authorise issued points and any promotional offers linked to the Programme if we consider, at our sole discretion, that you are using the Programme in a fraudulent, or otherwise manner from which the Programme was intended to be used.
14. Subject to clause 24, Ludlow Food Centre shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, in respect of any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses or damages were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
• losses that were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed;
• losses that were not caused by any breach on the part of Ludlow Food Centre;
• loss of business profits, salary, business revenue, goodwill, or anticipated savings;
• loss which could have been avoided by you through reasonable conduct; or
• obvious errors and omissions in administering the Programme.
Every effort is made to ensure that all the information provided on the Ludlow Food Centre website is correct at the time of publishing. Whilst we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the site we make no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. We assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Site. Information about Ludlow Food Centre Products and services are illustrative only.
We reserve the right to alter or delete material from this site and may, at any time, revise these terms. You are bound by any such revision and we therefore recommend that you visit this page to review the current terms each time you revisit our site.
No order is binding on you or Ludlow Food Centre until we have accepted it. You will own the items we supply you from the moment they are put in the hands of the postal service, or with our carriers, or on payment in full of the price of the Goods and any delivery charge, whichever is later. It is the policy of the Ludlow Food Centre to ensure all goods are supplied to our customers in perfect condition and that every precaution is taken to protect the integrity of the Product that is sold. Ludlow Food Centre does not advise recipients of impending gift deliveries. Customs Duties may be payable by the overseas recipient and we regret we are unable to advise of these amounts. These terms and conditions cannot be varied by you or us unless made in writing and signed by both parties. If any provision contained in these Terms and Conditions is considered by any court or regulatory authority to be unfair, invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be considered deleted from the these Terms and Conditions without affecting the other provisions. The law of England and Wales governs these Terms and Conditions and all disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Whilst we take appropriate steps to protect this site from malicious attacks we cannot warrant that it is entirely free from risk of virus attack. These Terms and Conditions apply if you are dealing with us as a consumer. If you wish to trade with us in the course of your business, please refer to our trade terms and conditions stated on our trade application forms. Please contact our Mail Order Department for details. If you have any queries, complaints, suggestions or comments about our Products, Services or these Terms and Conditions please contact us on 01584 856000 or email email@example.com.
Definitions in these conditions
‘Goods’ means the goods in your shopping basket at the time of ordering. It includes any service that comes with any goods.
‘Product or Products’ means Ludlow Food Centre good(s)
‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ means Ludlow Food Centre Limited
‘you’, ‘your’, means one of our customers
Orders placed before 11am Monday to Thursday that weigh more than 2kgs will be despatched the same day on a next day delivery. Orders placed after 11am Monday to Thursday that weigh more than 1kg will be despatched the following day on a next day delivery. All orders placed on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be despatched on the following Monday on a next day delivery. If the your order contains only ambient products, is less than 1kg and you have not requested a next day delivery we will despatch your order on a 3-5 day delivery service through Royal Mail.
All orders require a signature on delivery, if you are not available to receive your order it will be left with your courier or Post Office and you will be notified by means of a card posted through your letter box by our courier. Your order can be delivered to an alternative address such as a neighbour or delivered to your place of work if this is more convenient.
Delivery charges vary from £3.50 to £6.95 depending on weight and whether the products are ambient or fresh. All fresh goods must be delivered on a next day service so will automatically carry a £6.95 charge. Our fresh produce packaging is reusable. Delivery charges are for one delivery to any single mainland United Kingdom address. This excludes Southern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands and Northern Scotland where couriers cannot guarantee delivery times. It may be possible to despatch some goods overseas. Please contact the Ludlow Food Centre for details. In the event of non arrival, please contact the Ludlow Food Centre on 01584 856000 as soon as possible.
Payment and prices
Payment can be made using American Express, Master Card, Visa, Solo, Switch, Delta or Maestro. No goods will be despatched until credit/debit card transactions have been authorised and payment received. All prices are VAT inclusive. VAT receipts are available on request.
VAT No. GB 997 317 368
Pursuant to the Licensing Act 1964 it is an offence for any person under the age of 18 to buy intoxicating liquor, or for any person over the age of 18 to buy intoxicating liquor on behalf of any person under the age of 18, subject to a maximum fine on conviction of £1000.
In order for the Ludlow Food Centre to process your order we collect personally identifiable information relating to you including name, address, phone number, email address, credit/ debit card information. We will only use your Personal Information for the purpose(s) for which you provide it to us – including, respond to your enquiries, handle orders, deliver items and process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and maintain any on-line account you may have with us, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website. We do not pass on personal details of our customers to third parties. From time to time we employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf including fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending customer communications, analysing data, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Promotional offers:if you have consented in advance we will send you information on our promotional offers and those offered by our other businesses. If you no longer want to receive such offers, please notify us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fraud / Credit Risk: Where necessary to prevent fraud or reduce credit risk we may exchange your Personal Information with other companies and organisations; We may transfer Personal Information which users in the European Union provide to us to other countries (including the United States), the data protection laws of which may differ from those of the European Union, and you expressly agree to such transfer. We reserve the right to revise this Privacy Statement or any part of it from time to time. Please review the Privacy Statement periodically for changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Statement applies from time to time to all information that we have about you.
We employ security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect online. We use a secure online order form for all purchases made via the website. All data transmitted via this form (including credit card details) is 2048bit encrypted to ensure secure transmission. Please note that email correspondence with us is in free format text and cannot be encrypted. Accordingly please do not send any sensitive information such as credit card details or passwords via email. A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to your computer's hard disk to remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value - usually a randomly generated unique number. When you visit our website we send you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
To enable the personalisation features on our website which gives you the ability to recall recently placed orders, recently viewed pages and see information which you have input on line.
To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our website and to help us improve the structure of our website and the service to our customers. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Disabling / enabling cookies
You can accept or decline "cookies" by modifying the setting in your browser. Please note that if you disable "cookies" you may not be able to use all the features of our Website.
Controller of your information
Information which you provide to us or we gather from the website or via other information collection methods is controlled primarily by: Ludlow Food Centre Limited, Registered in England:0441267 Registered Office: Elgar House, Holmer Road, Hereford. HR4 9SF
Should you have any queries or wish to order by telephone or in writing, please contact the Ludlow Food Centre.
Telephone: 01584 856000
Fax: 01584 856030
Post:Ludlow Food Centre Ltd